Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Autumn is Here Now

SoftTREE, originally uploaded by carolsLittleWorld.

It's pretty much peak autumn right now in Cedar Park. The leaves have all turned red and it's a balmy 75 degrees in the sunshine. I am going to be home this week and have many tasks to do but I'm not going to bore you with those details.

I shot this picture of the big Bradford Pear tree in my backyard a few days ago. I managed to soften it up a bit in camera and took its picture before what's left of the leaves have fallen off and blown away.

I hope to get out some shooting this week but I'm really enjoying my time resting up and getting stuff done around the house. I got a new TV set for my bedroom and set that up yesterday, so now I can watch TV in bed again (the other one, it would appear, just stopped working one day. I don't know why I have such trouble with television sets, I really don't.) Chase is enjoying having me home too, he barks at me and demands that I stop and pet him on a regular basis. I've been doing some pastels too, at least I did another drunken building over the weekend.

Today I'm meeting some friends at Z Tejas at lunch and then I'm going to start working on my sketchbook project. I have to find a "super hero" at the dollar store, at least that's my goal for today. I'll work on the project once I get the super here in place anyway. Watch this space for more details as that project unfolds.

Until next time...


mythopolis said...

Hate to be out of it, but what is " a superhero"? Have a Merry Christmas! (Hate to break it to you, but Autumn is over....!!!)

: ) D.

Victoria said...

I simply MUST come back for a visit later when I'm not rushed to get ready to go out to dinner... more lovely images since my last visit! I especially like the first one out of your new camera! Meantime, stopped by to say...

*★Happy★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★Holidays★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
...˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門| ˚And Best Wishes in the New Year!

Carol said...

It's still autumn here, though a cold one.

A super hero is...well...just what it sounds. I've gotten a doll to look like a super hero for photographing. Watch this space soon for more details. (Soon, I promise!)

Thanks, Victoria for the well wishes and kind words about the new shots. I hope you had a great holiday too!

Merry Christmas everybody!