I have received email asking me to complete the following seven items so, rather than plop on the couch (or rather before I plop on the couch) here are my answers.
(PS I have also been requested to answer the following question, "what were you like as a kid in high school?" I shall do this in time, my friends, in time.)
1. Seven things to do before I die:
- To take the most fabulous picture even taken and recognize it when I do.
- To live someplace exotic and not find it so.
- To travel the world.
- Get married and, if I feel like it, settle down and start a family.
- Be sent flowers, chocolates, perfume or some such meaningless gifts from a romantic admirer who remains anonymous.
- To write a great novel (again.)
- To get a winter coat that's really really warm and take a long walk on a cold, dark, and cloudy day.
2. Seven things I cannot do:
- Fall asleep on a moving bus (or plane)
- Wake up and not think "damn, I wish I had 10 more minutes of sleep"
- Swim in deep waters.
- Anything related to biology-especially botany
- Think about death without crying or at least thinking about crying.
- Dance very well
3. Seven things that attract me to the opposite sex:
- Gentleness, attention, and respect
- Looks, of course
- When they aren't just shallow or just serious
- When they're culturally aware but beyond or ahead of fads
- Inner peace and a sense of knowing who they are
- Good taste that manifests itself as artistic flair
4. Seven things I say most often:
- I suppose
- Awe Maaan
- Yeah right
5. Seven books I love:
- JD Salinger's "Catcher in the Rye"
- Harper Lee's "To Kill a Mockingbird"
- Susan Sontag's "On Photography"
- "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"
- "The Tibetan Book of the Dead"
- Dicken's "A Tale of Two Cities"
- Carroll's "Adventures of Alice in Wonderland"
6. Seven memories I cherish:
- The day I got my first dog, Sandy
- My first real romance in college
- Celebrating Christmas as a kid
- The first snowfall of winter (especially if school was cut out)
- The first day of summer vacation
- The first time I flew to Europe
- Traveling to California on my own as a young adult
7. This question is now a statement: you may do this if you wish.
Until next time...